Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A kid I remember

This is a short poem I am writing about a kid I remember from kindergarden.

When I was in kindergarden
There was a kid who was in a fire as a baby
Half of his face was burned and his right arm was gone
He also had no right ear.
I remember feeling sad that he couldn't properly do the pledge of elligience.
Or it was the other side of his body and I remember thinking, he lucked out because he can still do the pledge of elligience.
Memory is alive that way.
We also shared a locker together.
Later on in life I found out that he was really good at soccer.
I always thought he was from India but now I'm thinking he was probably Hispanic.

The end.

1 comment:

Al said...

first, I cried a bit. It would have moved me to donate to an earless kids cause, but you spelled allegiance wrong... and I hate spelling errors. The poem is now part of my soul... and like a virus, could corrupt me at any moment if not sneezed out.